By Casey Evans

The sun was surprisingly shining as Stretford Paddock FC faced Chorlton FC. Both sides came into this fixture off the back of defeats, so were looking to bounce back with a win.

Disaster struck early on in the game as Paddock goalkeeper Hinchcliffe was involved in a collision with the Chorlton forward, which saw him take a kick to the face. The blood was pouring and after a short delay he had to be replaced by Jonny Hart.

Numerous tackles and fouls marked the first half as both sides struggled to get a foothold in the game. Chances were limited with Rivaldo and Ronaldo Brown trying their best to break down the opposition defence with their skill and pace.

Despite the best efforts of either side, the first half ended 0-0.Chances started to fly as the second half began, with Rivaldo breaking through early on and cutting inside on his man and trying to get a shot off, but the Chorlton defender put in a good tackle and nipped the chance in the bud.

The deadlock was broken finally in the 74th minute as Adam Ashton won a high ball and touched it down to Paddock’s number 10, Nosa Imayu. Imayu then proceeded to beat his man and get through 1-on-1 with the keeper, slotting it into the left hand corner of the net and making it 1-0 to the Paddock.

Ronaldo Brown came close to making it two, being played in by Cameron Watters down the right hand side but his shot was well saved by the keeper.

Ronaldo finally got his goal in the 85th minute, winning the ball back from the Chorlton midfielder down the left hand side, cutting inside and slotting it under the keeper at the near post.

The full time whistle blew soon after and Paddock had recorded their first ever win and clean sheet. The end result was 2-0.

Goalkeeper Jonny Hart was named Man of the Match for keeping the clean sheet with numerous important saves throughout the game, keeping Paddock in the game at times.

Will Hobson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *